Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dear Dancing with Frogs

I was at Amitié on Saturday – just for a little dose of Fabric, I managed to find some wonderful Anna Maria Horner fabric which will become the cushions for some chairs that I brought last week – That is another story all together and another blog...

Photo - Anna Maria Horner with thanks.



I had the pleasure of meeting Dancing With Frogs – who made wonderful comments about the my Hexagon project (Just started the 8th row today – OK actually finished half the row, it is the in between one which is easier). I think that Ms Frog was concerned about the number of stitches and pieces that are in the quilt. It is indeed a large number, however they are only one at a time, and yes it is addictive. Never let the numbers or the stats stop you from making one of these wonderful quilts.

On another note I am attempting to deal with my Hexagon Addiction... I have started a quilt for a lovely young lady – Leighs sister Heather it is even the beginning of knocking off the Christmas list of tasks and gifts. The Pattern is Darling Buds.

This is the stash – cut and ready for sewing...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that made me laugh! Yesterday I was wrestling with mathematics to get some triangles correct for a quilt I'm making from a picture on the internet. I gave up, temporarily defeated. The hexagons are starting to look easier after that!!

(Your link is wrong though. I'm at http://dancingwithfrogs.com )

Louise said...

I love the Darling Buds quilt and I'm sure you'll whip it together in no time. Looks like a nice combo of fabric. Don't you just love all the new deco weight fabrics that have come in. I think I'll be on a cushion sewing frenzy myself soon!!

fi said...

I too drooled over the AM fabric, great weight, perfect for cushions.Cant wait to see the quilt, i'm sure it will be amazing.I would expect nothing less form you:)